Yolonda over atDesign Roundup nominated me in August. *holds head in shame*. Sorry for lateness but thank you. Had fun answering the questions but first….
11 random facts about me…
1. I am an extreme animal lover…(my cat below) reptiles included and disagree with shows that have ppl eating live bugs for sport. Cruel.
2. I live for thunderstorms.
3. I’m the youngest of my 3 siblings who are 10-15 yrs older.
4. My parents been married 31 yrs.
5. I have road rage. If I were a cop, I would ticket ppl who drive slow in the fast lanes. Semi trucks should be banned from commuting during rush hour and ppl after the age of 65 should have to retake the driving test every few yrs. Lol
6. I am a jewelry junkie. Fashion jewlery to be exact.
7. I love thrill rides and roller coasters. I even rode the BIG SHOT on top of the stratosphere in Vegas.
8. I thoroughly enjoy cooking.
9. I thoroughly hate cleaning….the kitchen.
10. I like the snow but hate the cold.
11. I drive a scion TC coupe named Gabriella. Aka Bri. Yes I named and nicknamed my vehicle. Don’t judge.
1. Why did you start blogging?
to keep creative juices flowing when not working on a project. I get asked all the time design related questions from coworkers, friends, family etc that I felt I’d start a blog & hopefully answer questions people have and inspire people…
2. If you could have an exotic pet, what would it be?
black panther. I love cats and have a fondness for exotic felines…
3. When are you the most confident?
When I’m drawing. It’s a talent I’ve had since I was a toddler when my mom sat me down at a kitchen table with pen & paper. To this day I prefer drawing in pen. I took up art in college before interior design & all thru out high school. At my present job, I’m often tapped for drawing posters and stuff for the bulletin boards.
4. What is your favorite subject to blog about?
it’s funny when I started I thought this would primarily be on the event planning side than interior design. But outside of tablescapes, I find myself most excited about masculine/glam interiors & closets.
5. When you look in your closet, what item could you wear everyday?
anything black. I’d say one of my black blazers. I throw thsose over tees & jeans all the time. I continue wearing summery shirts thru our brutal winters by pairing them with blazers and if adding heels you can easily go from day to night. It just makes everything look so polished. I sometimes wear them open and “boyfriend”ish and other times I belt them…
6. If you won the lotto, what would you do with your winnings?
quit my day job. *said with a straight face*. Then I’d devote time to being under the wings of accomplished designers so that I can start my own business successfully. I couldn’t retire now. I really don’t think I’d want to retire early if I’m doing what I’m passionate about. That’s what design does for me. It makes life fulfilling when you see the reactions of clients to your work. sort of no kill shelter for stray animals & fund art programs to Milwaukee public schools so that no child can grow up without the experiences I had. Toss in some week long excursions around the world like Dubai, south Africa, Morocco, Capri, London & Paris & a high rise condo in Milwaukee (my city), Chicago & Miami and I’m all good 🙂
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I honestly wouldn’t want to live anywhere but the US. but somewhere warmer…Dallas…
8. Cupcakes or Pie?
cupcakes…red velvet preferred…
9. Who’s your favorite author?
Haven’t read enough books by one person to consider them a fav…
10. Slow or fast?
what are we talkin about here? lol..hm I drive fast. I like fast paced cities. Not NY fast but I couldn’t do country living so I’d say fast…
11. What blog can you not go without?
OMG this is such a hard question considering if you made it to my blog roll I can’t go too long without having withdrawals. I’m gonna randomly say Inspired Design.
2a slice of glam
3 better decorating bible
4 boutique laboheme
5 Eclectic A
6 fabulous on a budget
7 my chic my way
8 the aestate
9 uncharted style
10 savor home
11 gray livin
To accept this fun award you must follow these rules:
1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the 11 people you will nominate, which brings me to rule 3.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5. Absolutely No tag backs.
6. Remember to only tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Got it? Cool.
Questions for my nominees:
1 what is your fav thing about blogging?
2 what was the best gift or event you received from blogging?
3 what is your fav fall meal to cook or dessert to bake? (Or eat for you non cookers)
4 are you into halloween and if so what will your costume be? Plans?
5 what is your fav scary movie (or any other genre if its not your thing)
6 what do you dvr daily?
7 beverage of choice?
8 if you could quit your job to tour the world for one year all expenses paid, would you even if it meant you’d have to job hunt or start your business all over again?
9 would you rather go a year without shopping or a year without dining out (including happy hours)?
10 what would you tell your 20 yr old self?
11 what 3 things are on your bucket list?